Sunday, August 17, 2008

Whooohoo! I did it!





Another triathlon under my belt. This was my second time participating in the annual "West Plains Wunderwomen Triathlon". I love this course! Well, my only other comparison was the "Valley Girl Triathlon" which took place in July. All I have to say is that it was HOT, HOT, HOT! By the time it was time to run it was in the mid 80's. Running & hot weather do not work for me or most other runners but I think I did well. My swim was Great! No problems this time except the first 3rd of the 1/4 mile swim a women kept swimming like a mad person into my legs & such. I finally had to turn around to tell her to STOP THAT! Crazy women! My bike ride was great too & I had my friendly competitor who I met last year pass me on the bike ride & then I trailed her the whole way until the run where I crushed her with my running speed! Okay I didn't really crush her but it was fun. If you are reading Kristi, thanks! You are AWESOME Brenda! Thanks for getting me started in these! I feel better than ever. While I am thanking people, thank you Josh, Jacob & Justin for coming and dragging our sick child Ashley to watch me & support me! It means a lot. It is such a relief when they are OVER! I didn't meet my goal of doing better than last year but the course was a bit different & much hotter (by at least 20 degrees). I also had a wet suit last year. It might not mean much to most of you reading but I had a total time of 01:10:28:15 (70.5 min). This year my time was 01:12:28 (72.5 min). If you are confused because of my time in the picture don't forget to subtract 10 min for my later starting time. If you have never tried one yet, you should try a "TRI"!

4 comments:

Amalia said...

Congratulations Jody! You are awesome!!!

Julie said...

way to go, Jody! yay!

Julie said...

I'm going to have to figure out how to have a cool picture like Amalia.

Vicki Singleton said...

Jody that is incredible! Congratulations! You are truly inspiring!